Monday 2 September 2013

Part of the problem






Between the time devoted to career, little ones, hobbies, ‘me’ time and friends, I don’t have the time or the patience to go through countless tedious dates you have to endure to find someone adequately personable. And we all know that bad dates have the same effect as drink. The more you have, the more attractive your companion will look.

As anyone who has been out of the date scene for some time will tell, dating after a substantial interregnum, is stepping into a completely new reality.
The landscape in my age group changed dramatically since my dating days. The number of potential mates is severely reduced by the seductive powers of their respective wives/partners, girlfriends, whatever.

By 40ish, the human male is, sadly, mostly unattractive. Half suffers from a chronic lack of general maintenance that makes anything with four decades of existence -and neglect- utterly unfit for further use. Some are covered in an adipose layer of visceral and subcutaneous adipocytes that have long become eminent companions. I can easily imagine them sharing a ‘bucket’ from KFC. Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t have anything against people who eat fast food. In extremis, I’ve been known to resort to such measures. I also don’t have anything against people with extended BMI’s. I just don’t wish to have encounters of the intimate nature with them. And also because, deep down, I think that, to some extent, a general state of plumpness demonstrates lack of discipline and self-control. OK, shoot me. And yes, I know... obesity can be a disease, or caused by disease, which, genetically is also not desirable.)
Some are just unlucky carriers of an adverse outcome in the genetic lottery. Abbreviated in stature, displaying a ruthless migration of the pileous follicles from the top of the head to forsaken parts of the anatomy, unkind facial assymetries made even more evident by the years...

Even if adverse physical traits were made tolerable by some wild determination of fate, I would bluntly repudiate anyone who exhibits a persistent and continuous neglect of the mind.  I am not an elitist or a snob. While I respect but would not connect with certain subcultures, I would definitely not tolerate people who candidly broadcast their cerebral barrenness every time they open their mouth... like they had a personal mission to spread boredom... and halitosis.

I could go on, but then I would sound like some shallow androgynist cow... which I am not. I love men. I think they are great... once you find an adequate one.



No comments:

Post a Comment